Welcome to the Alternative Mental Health Revolution!
The time has come to re-evaluate how we treat and manage mental illness. For many decades, patients have been told they need to take medication in order to manage their symptoms. But the truth is, there are a wide variety of EFFECTIVE, natural ways to achieve excellent mental health.
If you are searching for natural alternatives to psychiatric medications, this is a place to explore and discover a variety of things you can do to improve your mental health and well being.
To get started, please browse the alphabetical list in the “modalities” tab. Click on topics that resonate with you. If you have experience with a certain healing therapy, we encourage you to leave feedback in the comments section so that others can learn from your experience. If you wish to write a guest post for the blog or contribute information, please get in touch with us using the contact form.
The intention of this website is to:
- Provide information, news, and research on various non-medical ways to address depression, anxiety, bipolar, and other mental health challenges
- Raise awareness of alternative holistic therapies for optimal mental health
- Empower people to be proactive in maintaining their own mental health
- Share inspiring stories of people who have healed without using pharmaceuticals
- Educate people about potential dangers and side effects of pharmaceutical drugs
- Gather a community of people who are interested in holistic mental health to provide support and encouragement to one another
- Connect people with practitioners who specialize in holistic mental health modalities
“It’s not an either-or choice between taking psychiatric drugs or doing nothing. There are many alternatives you can try. In fact, some of the problems that are called symptoms of ‘mental disorders’ might turn out to be caused by the drugs people are taking.”
–Harm Reduction Guide to Coming Off Psychiatric Drugs, by The Icarus Project
Please make sure to sign up (either on the right side of this page or below, depending on which device you’re reading on) to receive new blog posts via e-mail. We’ve got lots of great writers who share their experiences of healing depression and anxiety without using medications.